Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In the Beginning...

Well this is the beginning, the first post. I'm excited, nervous, and anxious to see where this goes. With all the factors that makeup the hectic college life, I am surprised that I have the time to start a blog. Ask any college student and they will tell you that their life is, at times, chaotic. We have so many things to do we often become overwhelmed and consumed. It reminds me of the creation narrative. The formless and void earth being separated and filled by God's creation paints a very chaotic picture. But what happens at the end of this? What results from this chaos? Yes you and me, but what I mean is that God rests after all of this. The all-powerful creator, who had just created our universe, rests. This is so interesting. If God takes time to rest we should as well. We should take time to rest from all the chaos of the college life. We need to find peace and rest in God as we pray, study, and meditate. It keeps my sanity in this world, and makes me appreciate God for giving me that time of rest. Now go find rest in God, who brings peace to the chaos in our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Wooohoo first post! and a good one at that!!!

    ReplyDelete